Thursday, May 15, 2008

EDM #31--Collection


(Click to enlarge)

Here is my entry to EDM #31 Collection. I have about 10 sets of salt and pepper shakers. I did not start this, my mother did. About 2 years ago, she started giving me salt/pepper sets, and I told her that I did not care for nick nacks etc. As far as I was concerned, that would be more things for me to break. (You did not hear me claim to be clumbsy :).

Her argument was that everyone needed to collect something, my argument was that I collected pens and pencils lol..Well I gave in to her sad puppy dog look and put all of the sets over my kitchen sink, I used to put plants up there. They had to find a new home.

It hurt her so badly when she came over expecting to see them out of the box, that I finally put them up. Now that she is gone, I have an appreciation for them and smile when I look at them.

Now, I will not say that I will go out and add to the collection,but I will say that the ones I have will stay with me. Atlanta is cool and dreary today, we are expecting storms this evening.

We are so thankful for all of the rain, I don't think that anyone is complaining about it, especially after an 11 year drought. I used B,2B and HB graphite pencils.

1 comment:

Christie said...

A winsome drawing, and a lovely tribute to your mom to go with it.

Free Hit Counters