Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Modeling1


Click to enlarge



I did 2 pretty good portrait drawings this week, one on Wednesday and another on Thursday. Boy! That's really something for me. But there is still work to be done on both as far as blending and more tonal values are concerned. Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk looking back and forth between my reading glasses, and my phone trying to decide which I would try next.

Well, I finally ditched the idea, opened my laptop and played with a freebie modeling proggie, CB Model Pro, and came up with this bunny, I call Mr Rabbit. I'm pretty sure that once I work him out further, his own texture map would do him wonders. Andddddd...if I really feel up to it, I can bone him so that I can animate his face too!

Since this was freestyle, with no preliminary sketch, I would literally have to go back to the drawing board to finish his body. I hadn't used it in months, but I swear compared to Hexagon and Wings3D which are not hard to use, CB Model pro is as easy as putting a pencil to paper...almost!

I rendered him in Poser for numbers 1,2,and 3 views, the last and more colorful one (4) was painted inside the proggie. I had never used the paint engine before. I modeled Mr Bunny in about 2 and a half hours, not sure how long it took to paint him, maybe 10 mins.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Hi. thanks for the kind words on my blog. Cactus Monday is a small group that draws a cactus or cactus themed piece for Monday.
Here is the group flickr site

http://www.flickr.com/groups/675483@N20/

Roshanda said...

Your bunny is great! I tried 3D modeling once, it's not easy. You did a nice job on him.

Free Hit Counters